Friday, August 15, 2008

The Plan

Well I have been asked many times by many people what the plan is for the future of Megan, Kellon and Mekhi. I realized that maybe I don't communicate all that much (haha), and usually just go off and do things without telling people. So I decided that I may as well put the plan out there! Hopefully this doesn't jinx it hee hee.
So Kellon is finishing a 8 month contract onboard the Coral Princess. While he's doing that me and Mekhi are living with my Dad and Susan (rent is just to darn expensive in Kenora and no one will rent out an apartment for 6 months). As I am not working right now Kellon is supporting us 100% financially. Basically he puts half of each pay aside and that is for me and Mekhi. Then he sends it to me. Now I've been using what I need and putting the rest aside into savings accounts for our move to Grenada. I have to say, Kellon is the most amazing man i've ever known. He's busting his ass, doing a job that he absolutely hates so that he can not only support me and Mekhi, but save money to get us a home in Grenada when he gets off the ship. And it breaks his heart that he is missing so many of Mekhi's "firsts" but he knows that as of December, it will all be worth it.
Oh yeah so Kellon gets off the ship in December and the plan is that me and Mekhi wil move to Grenada before Christmas. Now as a Canadian Citizen, me and Mekhi can only stay in Grenada for 3 months, so as soon as we get there I am going to apply for extensions on that stay for both of us, and may be getting dual citizenship for Mekhi (he will then be both Canadian/Grenadian). As long as the extension comes through, then we stay, if it doesn't well then we have to leave the country. But can return again within the month. So we'll just see how that goes. I have spoken to the Grenadian Embassy in Toronto and they told me I cannot apply for an extension until I get there, so we wait.
Anyways Kellon is hoping to get in with a hotel he has already worked for, we're hoping I won't have to work for a while so I can take care of Mekhi, but if I have to then I will no problem, there are plenty of older ladies that take in children (usually only 2) as day care. And seeing as its a small Island, Kellon knows them and we'll feel comfortable with them. After all, they will probably teach me a lot about raising a baby on the Island.
I hope this answers any questions that my loved ones may have regarding future plans for my family. I wish that you all knew Kellon, because he is a wonderful man, totally supportive and will do whatever it takes to take care of me and Mekhi, he has proven that already. Moving to Grenada may seem scary or risky to some, but it is an amazing country, beautiful with great potential and Mekhi will gain so much by his experience being raised there for however long we stay. Anyways...long blog with no pics, sorry, but thats the plan :)

6 comments:

Cherylinn said...

It's about time you filled us in on your secret....lol Glad to hear you are at least thinking and planning ahead.

Lauras Garden said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. I hope everything works out for you three. Keep those baby pictures and milestones coming.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great plan, and auntie hilary will just have to come and visit.

what about coming back here before u move????

Jojo said...

Thanks for the update Megan. It looks like you and Kellon are well on the way to realizing your dreams. May all your dreams come true.
Take good care of each other and Mekhi.

blah blah blah said...

Thank you very much Megan for filling us in. I'm glad atleast your informing me of your life. I ask Thomas a question and he never knows the answer :D. I really hope everything works out for you guys. You make such a cute little family. You truly deserve what you want.

SusanE said...

Sounds like everyone is relieved to hear the plan.

Kellon does sound pretty amazing. With so many deadbeat dads these days it's really nice to see one who steps up to the plate and supports his child, not just getting by sending what some judge thinks is okay.

It's really nice to see he's doing his part being a Daddy even feeling like he is missing out on so much. It'll be nice when you guys can all be together and start being a family in the same house, not to mention the same continent/island.