Thursday, September 06, 2007

Liferaft Training







Today we went to a swimming pool in Barcelona to do practical excercises with liferafts. We took it there while it was in its little "davit" box, through it into the water in the box and pulled the cord to have it inflate. Then we performed all of the tasks, pulling a person into the liferaft, pulling yourself int the liferaft, pulling an unconscious person into the liferaft, flipping the liferaft back right side up and finally a full abandon ship exercise and putting us (15ppl) into this little liferaft and having to bring in casualties etc. It was a fun class, but i'll tell you, my arms are bruised all over the place from being hauled up into the liferaft. So anyways...these pics one is of me pulling Amy into the liferaft, the other is of me when I was launched into the liferaft, I went in head first and then finally me and Joseph holding the liferaft steady. As promised, in all of the pics I am in my "sexy" coveralls!

4 comments:

SusanE said...

That is so much fun. I did that here in Kenora once. Love it. You are so lucky as usual.

Wouldn't it be fun to have one of those here on the lake?

Cherylinn said...

I agree with Susan that look slike so much fun. And I sure would love a pair of those sexy coveralls for myself.

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

Wow that looks like it would have been a really fun course to take....

Fiddling Granny said...

I'm envious, that looks like a blast!!