Friday, November 28, 2008

We Have a Home!

Finally, the Carter/Cain family has a home. Kellon accepted an apartment this afternoon. I of course only have a description but I will pass on as I have been told. It is a 1 Bedroom apartment with an open concept kitchen, dining and living room. It has one bathroom (unfortunately no tub :( ) and aparently the bedroom is very big so we plan on sectioning a part off for Mekhi's sleeping space. It comes fully furnished and all bills included minus cable. It has a veranda on the front and is quite spacious. We had wanted a two bedroom but the two bedrooms Kellon looked at were not acceptable. The apartment is in the Grand Anse area, which is the touristy area, right by Grand Anse Beach. Its about 20 minute walk from the beach, grocery store and laundrymat (walking without a stroller so for me and Mekhi a bit longer). Now we do plan on doing laundry by hand as that is whats done there so Kellon says he'll teach me, oh goodness, I don't want to hear anyone complain about laundry day here haha. Kellon will be meeting with the landlady on Monday to settle contract details and accept the keys, as is his skeptical nature, he doesn't believe it until the keys are in his hand, me i'm a dreamer so i'm on cloud 9. The apartment is ours for 2 months as a trial period and as long as all bills are paid up then the contract is extended. That works well for us in case we find ourselves needing to move to a less expensive place, or even to a bigger or nicer place.
All last minute details are being taken care of, Kellon is doing his first grocery shop for "baby stuff" to have in the apartment and is nervous he will get the wrong stuff heee hee. Here, i'm stressing over lack of luggage space and weight of luggage. Guess thats the way it is when always packing.
We are hoping to have Internet within the first month of getting to Grenada and then can continue with blogging and MSN as long distance is way too expensive, after all, webcam moments are super fun anyways.
This just may be the last post until we get settled, so I wish everyone lots of fun and love during the holiday seasons and we'll talk to you all soon.

9 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

I hope that everything works out for you in Grenada and that you can get back online asap. We look forward to tropical pictures to help us through the long Canadian winter. At least you don't have to take winter clothes for Mekhi!

SusanE said...

I'm thrilled, glad you have a place. What a load of everyone's mind.

I agree with Laura, get those pictures coming. You blog will be the most visited blog in Canada.

Jojo said...

Good to hear everything is falling into place for your move to Grenada.
All the best to you, Kellon and Mekhi. Take good care of each other.

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

i love the idea of you using a wash board i laught my A** of just thinking about it.. kellon so has to video tape it for me

Cherylinn said...

Great news Meg....laundry by washboard, I don't think so...I do have an antique on that belonged to UJ's father. We keep meaning to hang it up in the laundry room, you have inspired me to do so and then each day I when I go in there I will think of you.

Love Ya

Anonymous said...

i will miss you, big sis and little nephew ... have a safe journey....kisses and hugs

Fiddling Granny said...

Can't wait for pix ... both of the new digs and of you doing laundry!!

PRINCE CHARMING said...

Way to go Cuz!!! And the washboard is sweet. You'll be quoting lines from Loretta Lynn in no time

Donna said...

Sounds like a great place Meg! And I promise no complaints about laundry here. You definately will have it harder. :)
I'm soo hapy for you that it's all working out! And I'm sure Kellon will get the right stuff. :P It's not really that hard buying for babies.